Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

The anticipation of decorating for Christmas is different for me this year. Decorating for the holidays has always been special because it's my time of year - I love everything about the holiday season....the lights, the decorations, the glitz and sparkle. I was thinking about the tree this morning as I made the coffee, about how to tackle the decorations. Ross is so inquisitive, wanting to touch and taste everything! I don't want to constantly be following him around, "no no'ing" him and worrying about him getting a hold of something that might hurt him. So, the tree might not be as glitzy and glamorous this year, but I hope it'll be fun! I'm decorating it for him to touch so he can move the ornaments around, rearranging all he wants to rearrange! The nutcrackers will be out in the dining room, the Santa's in the sun-room with the main tree, as usual. The children's tree will be in the sitting room with everyone's pictures on it - adding Addy to the mix this year. I may update some pictures - buy some new ornament frames...As most of you know, we're not going to host our open house this year. I spent the early part of November "beating myself up" for not tackling it - but I've let it go.With my responsibilities at the hospital, my "Gigi" time with Ross and the kids - I just can't seem to get it all done - and I'm admitting it! I'll miss the festivities of the open house, but not the work. So, in 2010 I promise a great open house. But for this year, I'm taking a rest - and planning to really enjoy this time with my family.

Until the next entry - hopefully with pictures of Ross, the tree and decorations - take a deep breath and enjoy this very special time of the year.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you "decorated" your blog header. You really are the Gigi! I love how you're planning all of your holiday decorating around Ross and giving him the opportunity to enjoy it all to the fullest. My only "sadness" is that we aren't close enough to see all of you more! Merry Christmas! Enjoy him for us to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Tennessee. I wish I was there for the holidays!! We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you, too... We'll get together before too long!

    ReplyDelete