I think about my time with family so differently now than I did - even a year ago. I get frustrated with the day to day living "issues" (I hope I'm not the only one!), but I'm also becoming very stingy with my time when all four generations are together. I love 'us' - I'm content when I have everyone home - even with the confusion and fussing that seems to follow us. I felt a little overwhelmed watching daddy rock Sarah; it was sweet to see Erin watch her grandfather with her daughter; I laughed when Ross wanted his daddy to crawl into his tepee with him; my heart fluttered a little when I saw Sarah laying on the sofa next to her Uncle Richard; and I had to wonder what in the devil mom and Ross were up to in the kitchen with their heads together! Oh, Lord, save us!
Generations are truly a gift....
Truer words were never spoken...xo
ReplyDelete