Saturday, July 4, 2009

My 58th Fourth of July

Fifty-eight fourth's! I can't think of many 4th of July fireworks I've missed - a few but not many.

With the kids scattered here and yon, having to share their time with others, my July 4th holidays are sometimes quiet, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Erin, Nick and The Boss are in Atlanta with Steve and Winnie. The guys ran in the Peachtree Road Race today while Erin strolled with Ross to Avondale Lake and reserved the family a spot to watch the fireworks. I'm sure Winnie spent some of the afternoon with them, watching Ross and visiting. Erin said he spent an hour pushing her walker around! My thought on that is - they better rest up - he's getting ready to "take off" on his own!

Richard and Trina are in Signal Mountain for a picnic and fireworks with her family. These two will have the best seat anywhere, watching from one of the many cliffs overlooking Chattanooga and the Tennessee River. Can you imagine that view! I've reserved me a spot for next year....my 59th Fourth.

I'm taking mom and dad to watch fireworks at "o'dark thirty" tonight, but I don't think I'm in the mood to fight the crowds at the park. I think we'll get as close as we can and stay on the "outside" and watch from there. Doesn't sound too exciting, I know, but we'll be able to see everything we want to see; we'll be out of the "mad dash"; and I'll get my annual fix of fireworks...and still beat the crowds home.

I hope everyone has (or had, depending on when you read this) a wonderful and SAFE July 4th holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the 4th of JULY! Favorite holiday of the year. Remember how much i love fireworks!? :) Nothing has changed.

    Spent the 4th with Dad, Reva, Kelley, Brett, Megan, and Addy. Had a great day. Went to Charlotte and Adams.

    miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete