Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Year

I'm celebrating One-Year as GiGi and Ross is celebrating his One-Year Birthday...

Do you remember what you were doing one year ago right this minute? I do! I do! I do! Richard, Erin, Nick and I were headed to Puleo's for dinner prior to Erin's admission to MTMC for the birth of my first grandchild. I admit I don't remember what I had for dinner (who cares!) - I do remember that I couldn't keep my mind on ANYTHING but the end result - and the relief that my daughter and grandchild would be okay.

What a night it was! I won't go into all the details, but I will tell you that I've never been through anything quite like it - even now, a year later. It seems surreal on so many levels. There were great moments - there were uneasy moments - there were REALLY uneasy moments - and then there was THE moment. I get teary-eyed thinking back to the very moment Ross took his first breath and I do remember it well. And....I was so proud of Erin and Nick - and Richard "held down the fort" in the waiting room, offering some much needed comic relief in the Birthing Suite. Blessed relief - boundless thankfulness - JOY - heartfelt praise for a safe passage and delivery.

Becoming a grandmother is one of life's biggest transitions - and I'm learning as I go. I now feel like a complete human being, able to freely love and nurture my grandson and future grandchildren, as well as great nieces and nephews. In the year that Ross has graced our lives, he's taught me so much about myself. I am truly content with who I am, my life, and my place in the universe. The most precious gift he's given me - besides himself - grace.

So, Happy Birthday, little one. Tomorrow you celebrate your first year of life - your GiGi loves you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment