Beau didn't get the memo about the time change! So, we were up early, watching the sun come up over the lake - and it is a beautiful fall morning. The water's still and mirrored - Beau's curious, as always - and it's darn early for a weekend!
A comment was made over coffee this morning that we've had Beau for almost two years - and we've survived. Ashlands Tennessee Southern Charm is his registered name; he's lovingly nicknamed "Beau Damn-It" when the grandchildren aren't around - "Beau-NO" when they are.
He's becoming into a great dog. He needs to mature another year or so before he's a wonderfully great dog. He's big - and sometimes clumsy - very curious and interested in everything. It's what I love most about him - his curiosity. He loves to be wooled around - loves to rough house (he just doesn't yet understand that Ross and Sarah are still so young!) He loves his morning walks with dad, loves to rack leaves, and often sits and stares at "Fort Uff" with the longing of knowing that Ross is coming to play and slide. His heart is big.
I'm not as patient with him as I need to be. I have trouble deciding if it's HIS age or MINE. None the less, he's at home, and he is who he is.
It's a beautiful fall Sunday morning....and he's up to his usual stuff.
 |
| He's wondering what he can get away with - believe me! |
 |
| Yes, I'm watching... |
 |
| Yep, here we go.... |
 |
| Soulful and remorseful he is... |
 |
| Yes, a beautiful fall day.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment