There’s nothing like an upcoming wedding to kick your butt
into gear! It’s been – um – about 10
years since we’ve done any major renovations to the house. We’ve freshened the paint, dug some new
flower beds, closed out some, that kind of thing. But with Richard and Lindsey’s wedding in 7
months, my mind is in overdrive. September 7 , 2013 is the magic date. Hope my
body can keep up!
Of course, the bride’s home is the major hub of activity;
the groom’s family home, not so much.
However, you’ve got to be ready for anything. So, several projects have been added to daddy’s
calendar. Hope HE can keep up with my
mind. Ha!
First, paint the top half of the living room wall. Since he painted it a shade of sage below the
chair rail in October, the top is now a bit ‘pink’ to my mind. So, we’re going to neutralize that!
Second, the guest suite needs a bit of a face lift. I’ve already waged war on the closet. I won. Check.
Now, a new coat of paint – and new color – with new window panels and
bed linens, rearrange furniture, cover/refinish a sofa, new monogrammed towels
for the bath. Check.
Next, is a ‘reading nook’ for my grandchildren, Ross and Sarah,
and those to come…(I'm smiling!). I want to gut the closet in the grands room…see
the attached picture. My, daddy’s sure
going to be busy!
So, let's proceed - With Calm - and Southern Charm! Bless your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment