Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Son......



January 30, 1977:  Steve and I went to DeKalb General Hospital early that morning.  I had two thoughts running through my mind - I would finally meet him and I prayed he would be healthy.   Almost 24 hours of labor later followed by an emergency c-section and the time finally arrived.  I met my son.  I was in love before he was born – but, oh my, I never dreamed the feeling would be so overwhelming!





Its thirty-six years later…and that hasn't changed.  It’s evolved – like we have.  I’ve watched him grow; I’ve watched him make mistakes; I’ve tried to encourage him and watched his accomplishments; I’ll watch him marry the love of his life in September.  I just keep coming back to the same question I’ve been asking myself every year…where has the time gone!  He’s a man now - his own person.  He’s quiet a lot of the time, has a crazy, wicked sense of humor, moody, not the most patient soul (with his mother anyway) in the world, very sweet and very private…these things and so many more make him who he is.  I think he’ll be a great partner and a great father.  I can’t wait to see that side of him.

Happy Birthday Richard.  I don’t know that you’ll read this but I hope you and Erin and your families know how very thankful I am for you and how you bless my life in so many ways - every day.

The secret of having it all...is knowing that you already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment