Some people will think it's silly to place so much importance on the little things in life, such as "firsts" - first step, first word, first smile - even the first tooth! Yes, Ross has his first tooth through and it's SHARP. I can confirm that one - he bit down on my finger today.
I had the sweetest surprise this morning. Actually, it all started when Erin called last night and asked if I'd keep Ross this weekend. Well, duh - YES...a million times YES. This morning she called early and said she thought she'd come over today, spend the night, leaving Friday in time to get home and fix dinner for good friends, John, Ellie, and baby Jack. "Mom, do you want to meet us in Cookeville for lunch?" I love surprises - and that was just THE BEST one - the kind you aren't expecting. I met them at Cheddars in Cookeville. Ross saw me walking toward their booth and that sweet smile started breaking across his face. My heart - I thought it would bust! He sat with me on MY side of the booth and we played. Whenever he grabs something - and he's always grabbing something - naturally, the first place it goes is to his mouth. The same applied to my finger - and yes, honey, let me tell you his tooth is through and it's got sharp corners. No wonder his gums have been hurting.
As soon as we can get rid of Mommy tomorrow, we're going to have us some adventures. If daddy (my daddy, his great-Daddy John) works in the yard tomorrow, we're working in the yard, too...with Brig in tow...and probably Mama Jo. We'll have fun and I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell.
By the way, Ross, today was just the nicest kind of Valentine's Day treat for me. Having you for the weekend is just icing on the cake. I love you and Mommy and Daddy. Happy Valentine's Day my love.
That is soooo sweet. I might need a tissue. Sniff, sniff. I need to come and have lunch and have some adventures too!
ReplyDelete