Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jack's arrival anticipated today...














Ellie's in the hospital, waiting, waiting, waiting. And I'm waiting, waiting, waiting. And Erin is anxious, anxious, anxious!!!

Thinking back over the past 4 (almost 5) months, I thought there was nothing like a grandchild. But there's also nothing quite like a grandchild's good friend, maybe best friend - and all the adventures ahead of those two little boys. Can't you just imagine! I have a great imagination and I can certainly envision what is ahead for both the boys and their parents. Fun times...for sure.

Ellie and Erin have been friends since the first day Erin walked through the portals of Hobgood Elementary. John and Nick became friends through their wives. Ellie and John worked on the house with the kids - Erin was pregnant and couldn't help a lot, but Ellie got in there and laid out the wood for the floor while John pulled every nail out of the sub flooring so the hardwood could be installed. They were there from the 'get-go'. As I'm writing this entry, Erin, Nick and Ross are on their way home from Atlanta so they can be at the hospital for Jack's birth. Erin is determined to get home to be with Ellie. Aunt Jamie is coming over from Nashville to stay with Ross until his good friend arrives.

I'm heading over to meet Jack just as soon as I can. I'm so pleased and excited for the kids. Friendship is such a precious thing - something to be nurtured. They don't realize just how sweet it is right now, but down the road, as they all think back to this day, they'll know.....they'll appreciate each other even more - and so will Ross and Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Gigi...quit writing and go SEW!!!! HA HA! Love, GAGA!!

    ReplyDelete