
Part of being a grandmother is being a mother. Today, I'm celebrating being a mother - the mother of a 32 year old son - and a lucky mother I am! It's strange how you feel about your children, the things you think about - how your mind works. Of my two kids, I worried less about Erin as they were growing up and I'm really not sure why. I guess I've always felt Erin would be 'OK' with her life - mainly because she's a woman, a strong one - like her mother. Richard's always been satisfied enough with his life, I think, but it seems to me he's gone along over the years - missing something in his life. My "mother's intuition" tells me he's found what he's been missing in Trina. That sweet smile of his is a little sweeter and saucy; the twinkle's right there in his eyes now; his heart seems lighter. As a mother and grandmother, can I quit worrying? Of course not! You don't quit worrying just because your children are settled - or on their way to settling. That's what it's all about - another go-around, another chance to do it all over again.
This morning, I'm remembering back to a cold day in January; a trip to Dekalb General Hospital in Decatur, GA. I went into the hospital - feeling apprehensive? Maybe, but mostly I was scared to death of not being a good mother. Being a mother is a tough job - as so many can attest. Ross reminds me everyday that it is SO WORTH IT - and how lucky am I to have it again in a grandson. I think a lot about the days when the children were little and what sweet, sweet memories they are.
Happy Birthday Baby Boy - I love you - always.
Remember when he was born and I was 17 and afraid to pick him up? Remember my senior prom and the after party at our house...all my senior class gathered around the crib? My how time flies.....He's just as cute now as he was then!!!
ReplyDeletethey are adorable!
ReplyDeleteHe kind of reminds me of...... ME!... except not as handsome, charming, and... humble :)
ReplyDeleteMajor pressure from mom.
ReplyDelete