Erin and Nick went to the MTMC Gala tonight, Nick's annual fundraiser for the MTMC Foundation. I came over to sit with Ross - they really had to 'pull my arm' on this one!
Mid afternoon, Miss Ellie came over to visit for a little while. We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jack....Feb. 4 if not before....Ross and I are thinking BEFORE. After Ellie left, the kids got ready to leave, we took a few pictures, and they were on their way. Now the FUN begins....
Ross and I debated what we'd do first. He had some new books, so we decided on "Over In The Ocean In a Coral Reef" by Marianne Berkes. Do you remember the song that mom and Mama Babe use to sing to the kids - "Over in the meadow in the sand in the sun, lived an old mother fishie and her little fishie one".... Well, this book is based on that song and takes a look at sealife around a coral reef. Ross loves it. We read it several times, sang the stories, then started over. It occurred to me that there's no where else I'd rather be this evening than right here, spending time with Ross. I hope I haven't been the kind of mother that's been a nag about having grandchildren - but there's nothing better in life.
Before Ross' bedtime bottle, we sat in the family room and visited with some snugglin' mixed in.... He's giggling and squealing more and more - so much more now than the last time I saw him. He smiles all the time, talks to you, follows you around the room with a look that says "why aren't you over here with me"!
No comments:
Post a Comment